Monday 3 November 2008

Lebanon #1: Lebanese Sweets



Lebanese sweets never really registered with me. They look rich, probably too rich and a bit odd in appearance for my liking. You see I’ve been brought up on Indian sweets and I have often found them incredibly rich and a bit too much for my palette. This is not to say that I don’t like them, but rather I do have to be in a state of preparedness to eat them.

So here I am in Lebanon, in Tyre to be precise, feasting my eyes on piles of assorted yummies. Pastry: check. Nuts: check. Syrup: check. Am I salivating: check.

Whilst we didn’t buy any of these I had heard several descriptions about the sensual explosions and bringer of delight that these small foods have brought about... as a result I quickly revised my opinion: I need to consume one, some, or perhaps, maybe many of these sweets very soon. Did I mention the salivating?

No comments: