Monday 22 October 2018

The Lahore Journal #8: Learning to trust: (postscript) ... so what?


I'm paraphrasing, but here's the inspiration for what this has been about: "I was concerned about the world. Why there was was, starvation. Unrest. When thinking about world peace I didn't really know where to start. And that seemed to be it. Where do we start... and that was when I realised what if... what if we had a starting point. Just one day to think about this. One day to start something" (from Jeremy Gilley, founder of Peace One Day)

For me, more personally, this was the chance to think about peace. An opportunity to chance my arm with a country that I knew very little about save that Indians and Pakistanis don't like each other.

Lahore I've loved getting to know you. But I'm so thrilled that you have welcomed me and allowed me to find some peace here.

I don't think I could have done this from home sitting at a screen. Or through reading books, watching films. I need to come here to meet you in person.

Thank you. I hope to come back.

Here's what has happened after Lahore.


No comments: