Saturday 21 May 2016

Turkey 6: what brings me here: bullets & empathy?

I'm here this week for the world's first Humanitarian summit assembled by the UN Secretary General Ban Ki moon.

He doesn't know me (though I have met him once before) but he has invited me, or our organisation, Empathy Action to be here.

Why? Because we showed some of his team what amazing people are doing to build from brokenness a livelihood. They are the UN and know this well. But I think we were able to speak not only to their heads but also to their hearts this time.

We were able to share our belief that everyone is a part of the solution to the broken planet we live on. It starts, however, with something very basic: caring, compassion and empathy. It starts with our hearts.

It's a different language but one that is so vital right now in an digital age that is somewhat industrialising the de-humanising process. A heart to heart conversation so to speak.

Here's a lovely video teaser that my colleague, and full time volunteer, made about Empathy Action at the #ShareHumanity conference:

https://www.facebook.com/empathyaction.org/videos/834460083325596/

More updates to come.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Tel Sokak,Katip Mustafa Çelebi,Turkey

No comments: