Monday 14 January 2013

Lunch

Last year a mate helped me out.

He is the Head Chef of a pretty swanky place. Make that "extremely" swanky place.

He attended an event that I helped with and in turn said he'd give his services for an auction for a private function with locally sourced foods and delights. Someone paid over £1000 for the honour.

He gave all the proceeds away.

He even sent his marketing colleague to the "slums" we constructed in Chancery Lane last summer. 

Today i stepped into his restaurant.

I was on his territory. It was luxury, followed by luxury. Man, I never thought of serving a exotic soup in a cup the size of an espresso glass served next to a bhaji. Then there's the starters.... and it went on. Wow. I even didn't know we'd get a glass of bubbly on arrival. The staff came over with the hugest smiles. It strange I'm used to meagre foods and food security situations yet today I enjoyed plenty. Was even able to suggest serving a "menu" from the slums for a day... which really excited me. Thanks for looking after us and if I may highly recommend the Paternoster Chop House in London.

No comments: