Monday 2 January 2012

The honour of your father

Sigmund Freud was profoundly impacted when his father was abused whilst walking him in his younger days. His father did nothing in retaliation. The injustice haunted his son the remainder of his life.

Recently, I had my honour fought for me by my son. I was playing a friendly game with a friend. It was a remote control fork lift truck battle. The aim to tip the other fork lift over. A skillful battle indeed especially when you have a unreceptive vehicle. A young audience gathered and started to cheer us on. Then Caleb getting so involved insisted to take over. I let him. My fork lift was over turned. I lost. There was cheering and sighing.

As I threw my hands in the air acknowledging my defeat Joshie stormed in and threw the victorious fork lift down and proceeded to say in a teary, and angry, voice "papa wins!"

Whilst shocked I was also honoured that someone stood up for me. That I was cherished by someone to defend me. Even a four year old.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: