Monday 13 March 2017

Walk On...

Only 5 years ago did I make it here.

This weekend, I made it again this time with Caleb.

Always dreamt of bringing my boys here. What a moment it was too. From the fast walk from Newsham park as the route from Todmorden was ridden with traffic and motorway closures.

The nerves of not making it were overshadowed by the awe of seeing the first glimpse of the stadium during the 'match day' walk to the arena. A fast one at that.

Then comes the smell of all the merchandise and fast food as you fast approach the gates.

We arrived a day early at my oldest friend's house in Todmorden. We went on walks caught up on the passage of time. Laughed at the new titles, wives & girlfriends, jobs and children that we gained along the way.

During the morning two of us were swimming in a freezing reservoir. Caleb took to rolling down the hill. Covered in mud.

It was all worth it to be with the team that I've supported since Caleb's age with these people and with my boy... and secondary to see this team play against Burnley in this stadium. The score 2-1 to us. The score Caleb predicted too (I was less optimistic at 1-2 to them!)

Thank you anfield for a lovely moment that we will take to the end.



































No comments: