Friday 6 April 2018

Kosovo2018 #1 Joshie n Papa

Around 14 years ago I nearly left the charity sector. I was disillusioned with it. Too much money and power in the wrong hands. Saw too much of what I’d rather not in an ‘industry of help’.

I wanted out.

Teaching was my panacea. Applied. Interviewed. The university however failed to let me know that I got in. An administrative error. One that cost me my teaching career that I never had but also one which reopened the door for charity. Except this time without money. The question put to me was do you want to do this. Money aside. What do you want to do?

This is tough question- as I really didn’t know. Teaching held prospect, a safe career, respect and security. Oh and money. The other had none of these.

I asked just about everyone what I should do hoping that I could outsource this issue. I received lots of advise around pros and cons and supportive sentiments. It was only when I asked a professor (and good friend’s father) who said this exact question: what do you want to do?

I didn’t have an immediate answer as I was till trying to scramble around the what should I do the of response.

I went home.Told Angie exactly what happened and she asked me the same question: what do you want to do?

The answer was instinctive. I want to do the charity thing. I just don’t know how we will survive. She said “let’s pray now”. We did. We went to sleep. The next morning she woke up and said “let’s do this together”.

We have done this now for nearly 15 years. A few years ago I said we must start bringing our children when the time is right. That time happened for Caleb two years ago and now it’s Joshie’s turn.

Today we stepped out the door and were heading to Kosovo to see friends and start to see more of the world, but to share in what we are doing together as a family.
























- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad



Location:Rruga Nikollë Kaçorri,,

No comments: