Thursday 16 November 2017

Reflections from the COP23

I have just come back from Bonn for the 23rd Conference of Parties on Climate Change (COP23).

My purpose here was following a project to respond to the Global Goals.

However what has made my time here is not just the purpose but meeting a wonderful family who have hosted me. I am beyond amazed at a family who moments before I arrived were burgled yet still welcomed me and a friend in. Their son gave up his bedroom for me. They made me amazing breakfast and offered support, comfort and love. I have been beyond welcomed.

As I left felt so sad to leave this family behind.

However there was a glimmer of hope. As we were talking the young teenage girl said she will be in the UK when doing her student exchange and it turns out she will be at the local girls school TWGGS.

Among all my travels anywhere... by far the most amazing travels I have had is in people’s houses and with people who have become my global family.

(The last picture was with some more of my global family and particularly my brother Ahmad, who I met last year in the Calais Jungle and has now resettled in Brussels and he and his girlfriend housed me en route to the Climate Summit)











































- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad


No comments: