Tuesday 23 August 2011

A not so great journey

I'm now about to sleep. I'm very tired. I've been up for around 22 hours.

To cut to the story. We went on a plane for 9 hours. I decided to be blasé about it as any worrying really is meaningless.

So the scenario is: 3 kids aged 5 and under, 9 hours in a confined space. One kicks off with repeated, high pitched, penetrating screaming repeatedly for around 40 minutes.

The whole plane turned their judging eyes upon us. All our tactics failed and all we were left with was embarrassment and a sense of sadness that he was so down. I saw a side that I didn't like: anger, tiredness, shame in my abilities. I yearned for the clothing of grace, compassion, renewed energy and flexibility to know what to do.

Still we got through. It was by no means easy but we have come out the otherside. To that end I'm grateful.

Man... Planes, parents and children are not a good mix.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Windsong Cir,Glendale Heights,United States

No comments: