Wednesday 4 June 2008

"augustus gloop"

i've been doing my best german accent for the past week saying two words only: "augustus gloop". i've been working away and muttering the words and walking round the house practicing my accents...

fyi- he's a character in charlie and the chocolate factory.

a little background: we were in oxford last weekend and i watched a bit of the film, as part of caleb's bedtime routine, and saw the scene where augustus is introduced. the impression was made. and the words were already swirling round my head.

since coming back we were again watching the film as part of caleb's bedtime... and with out prompting, caleb just turned round to me and said "gloop" in his best accent (which sounded much like his normal one save for extended vowels sounds).

now all i'm saying is "gloop" in caleb's accent.

still last month i was saying "lord farquaad" in my best dutch accent after repeat viewings of shrek as part of bedtime routines.

No comments: