Saturday 6 January 2007

Hopefully?

New Year already and I'm full of high hopes and perhaps a renewed energy to do new things... reckon this will be the year I write my book, change the world or even pick up a new hobby... seems like every year i go through a similar pattern. hmmmm, sounds familiar.

I have just sent my first weekly report for GH UK's activities and I look back to see that a few hour's work resulted in several partnerships that is connecting HM Marines several charities in the UK and communities in the Helmand Province, Afghanistan. An area that is the host to a resurging war between the Taliban and UN peace keepers.

I feel very humbled by this. As all it took was the energy to do something... i mean what is a few phone calls or emails... well in this case it brought together many parties united under an operation, it generated and held interests, motivated people to share and amazingly converged many people's hopes. Some to help, some to partner, some to rebuild, some to be thankful that they are alive another day.

It may not be the long term solution to a terrible situation, as a bomb may hit again or the war take a turn for the worse, but it made me think how valuable hope and the motivation to help one another goes a long way.

I have high hopes for this year... :)

No comments: