Wednesday 12 April 2017

JB

I never met my auntie. She died during child birth.

My papa had made special things for her. Cuddly toys. He was looking forward to meeting his younger sister. The umbilical cord wrapped itself around my Foi (the Gujarati word for Dad's sister) and strangled her as she made the final scramble for life on the outside. My papa wept.

Our friends have just had their baby JB. The other night.

He died. Nearly made it out. Nearly.

It happened during birth. His chances to actually get out were super slim. JB had Edwards syndrome. The worst kind. As a family we were praying for our friends and JB over the whole day as he was being induced. We prayed a huge gratitude for knowing, however small the time, JB.

This morning we heard the news. It was just tears and sadness.

Another friend of mine lost one of her twins early on too. I asked her what do you say to people who are going through such a dark place. She said remember. Remember that the child had a name and don't be afraid of saying it.

Thanks JB for the short time that we were able to get to know you. I look forward to one day seeing you. Give my Foi a hug when you see her.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone


Location:Tunbridge Wells,United Kingdom

No comments: