Monday 14 December 2015

Possessive and possession


Homework. Man it's endless. We even came home early from ukulele night as Caleb whacked his head on the short walk there saying "oh no, I need to hand in my homework tomorrow". He said he couldn't stop thinking about it whilst playing away at the jam. We left early.

After the short walk home we sat at the table learning about possessives, possession and where to place the apostrophe. 

At the end he said:

"Oh yes papa and this is from Joshie, Reuben and me" as he pointed to a small bowl of coins and a note.

"What's this for, Caleb?"

"It's for buying food papa. I put in the ten pounds and Joshie and Reuben gave the coins."

Days earlier we were sharing with them how we are praying for money and asked them to join us to pray that we may have enough for food.

Today, this evening, I hear my son say in not so many words 'don't worry papa, we're in this together'.

I'm pretty certain it was me that was taught about possession and the possessive this evening by my children.


No comments: