Thursday 3 September 2015

Today I cried

Yesterday I cried because of a picture

I actually cried. Tears came flowing down. 

It was the picture of a boy washed up on a beach in Turkey. He was fleeing with his parents a country that all its citizens are leaving in fear of their lives.


I don’t cry.


If I do, it’s rare.


I can hold my tears back no more. I’ve watched and watched and watched this crisis unfold. I’ve even been to the place (the World Economic Forum) where it is about “Improving the state of the world” about this very issue. Even right now I’m working on ways to help and events to help more engagement. But I’m still stunned by these pictures. I read one group say about this that “Humanity has failed”. I don't believe it especially as a person who was saved as a son of refugee, but right now, at this specific time, I'm a doubter.

Today I have run out of words, efforts and all I can do is cry.

#nowordsjusttears

No comments: