Wednesday 19 December 2012

First gig

I believe it was 1991.

The turn of the decade behind us, the eighties behind us. The Iraq war still a vivid memory. The iron curtain had fallen and afresh with freedom, optimism and newness.

Music was coming alive with Stone Roses and the indie bands. The competition with dance was fierce. Guitars versus drum machines.

It was the group Jesus Jones that were creating a freshness to being a punk. With their dirty sounds, guitars and bouncing around that I was listening to.

It was out of the Wonder Stuff domination of the indie world that I was starting to despise that the rawness of Jesus Jones that I liked. Correction. I was follower of my brother's record collection and JJ were the flavour of the month.

I loved it. I loved them. But I worshipped my brother more.

Together with my two brothers we ventured up to the then Town and Country club to watch JJ supported by Soho.

Wow, what a gig.

Nearly 20 years on I'm seeing them again.

On the train on the way up now.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: